As the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) continues construction of the Redlands Passenger Rail Project, crews continue various activities along the corridor including working on rail crossings and stations, installing underground utilities, and building (gravity) walls to support the track along the right-of-way.
Constructions was halted from 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 31, to 5 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 2, but work has recommenced.
SBCTA advised that at times, work throughout the corridor may be loud and cause vibration. Residents and drivers may see flashing lights on trucks, and hear drilling, hammering, truck back-up alarms and equipment engines.
Residents are asked to remember that construction is dynamic and the schedule is weather permitting and subject to change.
There will also be railroad closures as crews are working at several rail crossings throughout the corridor on weekdays and weekends to prepare for rail crossing installation. Please plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination. SBCTA notes that the closures are at the rail crossings only. Pedestrian access will be available. All businesses are open and accessible during construction.
Railroad crossing closures are scheduled for:
• Richardson Street – Monday, Dec. 16 to Sunday, Jan. 5 (closure at the rail crossing will be full time - weekday/weekend and day/night - for three weeks)
• Colton Avenue – Monday, Dec. 30 to Friday, Jan. 10 (rail crossing closure from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday)
Work below will occur from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. during weekdays except as noted. All streets will remain open for traffic. Some work may cause delays, please obey all posted detour and construction signs and be aware of traffic control onsite.
• Santa Ana River Bridge: Crews are working on the structures to support the bridge construction. This work will occur between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Construction vehicles will access the work area via Waterman Avenue.
• Tippecanoe Avenue: Crews are working on the station. Please be alert for crews working on the west side of Tippecanoe Avenue.
• Richardson Street to Mountain View Avenue: Crews are installing rail and the foundations for the crossing signals. Please be alert for construction traffic entering the guideway from adjacent crossings.
• Richardson Street: Crews will perform various work at Richardson Street between Victoria Street and Hardt Street. Richardson Street will remain open for all traffic. Large trucks will move through this area, flaggers will be onsite to assist as needed.
Inland Valley Development Agency (IVDA) utility work
• Mountain View Avenue: Beginning in early 2020, Mountain View Avenue will be closed for approximately 10 months (through fall of 2020) between Victoria Avenue and Coulston Street for various utility work unrelated to the Redlands Passenger Rail Project. The work includes the relocation of high-pressure gas, water and sewer lines as part of an overall widening of Mountain View Avenue from I-10 to the San Bernardino International Airport.