Redlands Unified School District - Child Nutrition Services in collaboration with the city of Redlands hosted its second annual Summer Meals Kick-Off Fair on Wednesday, June 13, to celebrate the beginning Summer Meals Program.
The event provided a free nutritious lunch for all children and included dozens of vendors with prizes, giveaways, health education, taste tests, wellness resources and activities all geared toward kids at the Redlands Community Center and Park.
This year, the district will provide lunch to the following locations throughout the summer:
• Redlands Community Center, 111 W. Lugonia Ave, 1 p.m. Monday through Friday June 11 to Aug. 3.
• Redlands Community Park, 1509 Church St., noon to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 11 to July 27.
• Redlands Family YMCA, 500 E. Citrus Ave., 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m Monday through Friday from June 11 to Aug. 7.
• Redlands East Valley High School, 31000 E. Colton Ave., noon to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 12 to July 19.
• A.K. Smiley Public Library, 125 W. Vine St., 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays only from June 12 to July 31.
This program serves all kids 18 and younger without the need of an application.
All meals meet federal nutrition standards and include entrees consisting of whole grains and proteins, milk, fresh fruit and veggies.