During the Ice Ages, Glaciers swept over the eastern half of Nebraska, leaving it hilly with a humid climate. The western half of the state remained flat, part of the Great Plains, great for wheat.
The Spanish arrived in Georgia in the middle of the 16th century. They were greeted by the Creek and Cherokee and founded the Santa Catalina Mission on Saint Catherine's Island.
For thousands of years, many groups of Native American peoples have lived within the boundary of what we call Montana. They included the Crow, Cheyenne, Black Foot, Assiniboine, Gros Ventres, Kootenia and Salish peoples.
South Dakota has been inhabited by Native American people for almost 12,000 years. France took hold of the area in the 1700s, and the United States acquired the Dakotas when Thomas Jefferson made the Louisiana Purchase in 1803. Lewis and Clark passed through the area a couple years later sur…
Folks who remember the brilliant baritone, Nelson Eddy, probably remember him in the 1936 MGM film “Rose Marie,” co-starring with Jeanette MacDonald, standing in his brilliant Canadian Mounted Police uniform, holding the bridle of his horse and singing "Indian love call."
When the pilgrims arrived in the Massachusetts area they found it inhabited by several different groups of Algonquian people. As the number of settlers increased to 20,000, the colonial-Native American relations deteriorated into King Phillip’s War. The colonists prevailed.
- El Pareja, Highland’s new Mexican restaurant
- Mixed-use development approved for Greenspot Village
- Loma Linda medical center expansion makes it California’s tallest hospital
- San G holds graduation at Glen Helen Amphitheater
- Board of Supervisors urges increased penalties for illegal cannabis cultivation
- Class of 2021 reunites for graduation
- SBIAA approves fuel farm, new electric ground support equipment
- City readies for July 4th parade
- Greenspot Crossings passes commission
- Sgt. Dominic Vaca killed in line of duty
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Eddie Rickenbacker was a famed racecar driver, World War I fighter pilot and president of Eastern Airlines. He was born Oct. 8, 1890, in Columbus, Ohio, and died July 23, 1973 in Zurick, Switzerland.
Breaking News Updates
Would you like to receive our Breaking News updates? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our weekly Calendar updates? Signup today!
Would you like to receive Deals updates? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!