During the Ice Ages, Glaciers swept over the eastern half of Nebraska, leaving it hilly with a humid climate. The western half of the state remained flat, part of the Great Plains, great for wheat.
The Spanish arrived in Georgia in the middle of the 16th century. They were greeted by the Creek and Cherokee and founded the Santa Catalina Mission on Saint Catherine's Island.
For thousands of years, many groups of Native American peoples have lived within the boundary of what we call Montana. They included the Crow, Cheyenne, Black Foot, Assiniboine, Gros Ventres, Kootenia and Salish peoples.
South Dakota has been inhabited by Native American people for almost 12,000 years. France took hold of the area in the 1700s, and the United States acquired the Dakotas when Thomas Jefferson made the Louisiana Purchase in 1803. Lewis and Clark passed through the area a couple years later sur…
Folks who remember the brilliant baritone, Nelson Eddy, probably remember him in the 1936 MGM film “Rose Marie,” co-starring with Jeanette MacDonald, standing in his brilliant Canadian Mounted Police uniform, holding the bridle of his horse and singing "Indian love call."
When the pilgrims arrived in the Massachusetts area they found it inhabited by several different groups of Algonquian people. As the number of settlers increased to 20,000, the colonial-Native American relations deteriorated into King Phillip’s War. The colonists prevailed.
- Arrest made for fatal hit-and-run
- Updated: Perris Hill fire
- RUSD announces two options for the 2020-21 school year
- Crow or a raven, what’s the difference?
- SBD launches ‘SBD Good Neighbor’ outreach program
- Highland's first mayor dies
- Task force focuses on rescuing victims from sex industry
- SBCUSD decides on distance learning for 2020-21
- CSUSB Alumni Association welcomes three newly elected to its Board of Directors
- SBVWCD granted 30-year permit for complex Habitat Conservation Plan
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Eddie Rickenbacker was a famed racecar driver, World War I fighter pilot and president of Eastern Airlines. He was born Oct. 8, 1890, in Columbus, Ohio, and died July 23, 1973 in Zurick, Switzerland.
Breaking News Updates
Would you like to receive our Breaking News updates? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our weekly Calendar updates? Signup today!
Would you like to receive Deals updates? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!